At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, we’ve raised over $4 billion for the most impactful social causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Airbnb.
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic Major Gifts Manager
to join our global Fundraising team, responsible for securing funding from individual philanthropists, foundations and corporate donors to cover our annual operating costs. You’ll report into our Development Director (based in London) and will help the team to meet our fundraising goals. We do this by advancing a portfolio of donors, defining and implementing fundraising strategies across our giving programs, and securing multi-year funding commitments.In your first 6 months you’ll:
Salary: $75,000-90,000 DOE
- Establish a new pipeline of major donors for Founders Pledge, including individuals, foundations and corporate partners capable of 5 and 6 figure gifts.
- Begin to grow and maintain a personal portfolio of 50-100 relationships including members and non-members of Founders Pledge.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and deliver impactful content, events, and reporting that cultivates and stewards prospective and existing donors.
- Partner with and support Founders Pledge’s MD & CEO with respect to their pipeline management, and utilize their time and talents appropriately.
- Follow fundraising best practices for development operations, refining existing systems where required for donor prospecting, data keeping, and analysis.
- Work with our Fundraising Associate to write proposals, reports, acknowledgements and other donor communications.
Location: San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for someone with experience managing and stewarding high-profile donor relationships, supporting senior staff in successful solicitations and initial meetings with US-based donors.You’re likely to have:
- Experience as a front-line fundraiser, in particular working with major gifts and/or HNWIs.
- A proven record of meeting and exceeding fundraising goals.
- High emotional intelligence, a background in relationship management, and strong intuition for people strategy.
- A high level of discretion and comfort working with confidential, sensitive information.
- Comfort working in databases, with complex financials and spreadsheets to enable effective work - familiarity with Salesforce would be a bonus.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission
and our people
. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working, which means that although for this role you’ll need to be based in/around San Francisco, we offer the flexibility to work from home. You’ll need a reliable home wifi connection, but we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role. You’ll have the option to use a desk in a co-working space close to your home, as often as you like. On top of this, we bring the global team together twice per year!There is no closing date for applications and we will interview on a rolling basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.