At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, we’ve raised over $4 billion for the most impactful social causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Airbnb.
About the role
We’re looking for a creative and innovative Programmes Manager
to join our Programmes Team
to deliver an annual, global programme of events. Our goal is to engage and educate our members throughout their Founders Pledge journey, to mobilise them to support evidence-based solutions in a diverse range of cause areas. You’ll report into our Programmes Director
and be responsible for building our programmes, from event ideation to execution, with the support of our Events Manager
. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone deeply passionate about programmes content, looking to bring their innovative events ideas to Founders Pledge.In your first 6 months you’ll:
- Become the lynchpin between our events, research, advisory and community teams to deliver a top-class experience.
- Take ownership of content curation, speaker engagement and event design.
- Build a full events spectrum from intimate dinners and member retreats to annual Forums, focussing on learning and the exchange of ideas, but ensuring the right balance between education, inspiration, and community-building.
- Design plenary and breakout sessions for our flagship annual Forums in London and San Francisco and the programme for our immersive member retreats.
Within commutable distance of London. Salary:
Up to £40,000
Overall, you should be passionate about autonomously executing an innovative and forward-thinking global programme of events, to mobilise our members for social impact. We’re looking for someone who can bring their creative flair to our events.You’re likely to have:
- Significant experience managing content for global programmes or events, ideally in the social impact/global affairs space (not essential).
- A strong creative flair! You learn new information fast and can think of ways to convey often complex and nuanced topics in a clear, concise, and compelling way.
- Experience researching event topics, creating agendas, writing compelling programme materials (including keynote speeches), and identifying/liaising with the highest-calibre of speakers from a variety of sectors.
- A passion for exploring different possibilities of online, hybrid, and in-person events to foster increased interactivity and engagement.
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of the social/environmental impact and philanthropy space is also a plus.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working. We ask that applicants to this role are based within a commutable distance of London, so that you can attend events. Although we have a small HQ in London, there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we bring the global team together twice per year!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.