At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $4 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We’re looking for a creative and passionate Learning Experience Designer
to join our Programmes Team, whose goal is to engage, educate and persuade our members - CEOs, founders and investors - on social impact and strategic philanthropy throughout their journey with us. You’ll report into our Programmes Director
and work very closely with our Advisory team too. This is a fantastic opportunity to design and produce engaging and effective educational resources, methodologies, and experiences to help our members better navigate the complex philanthropic landscape. Your objective will be to influence them to become more strategic and impactful philanthropists. This role is advertised as a 12-month fixed term contract.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Develop and structure an educational roadmap covering a vast range of topics, from the foundational principles and practices of strategic philanthropy to deep dives into multiple cause areas.
- Work closely with our Advisory Team to design a Philanthropy Curriculum - an executive-style learning programme on the core concepts of effective philanthropy. Your first task will be to design an introductory session for all new members joining Founders Pledge. You’ll focus on curriculum roadmapping, delivery formats, creating assets and measuring effectiveness. You’ll help our Advisory Team achieve their goal of positively influencing members’ giving to ensure that the maximum value is donated to the highest impact funding opportunities.
- Advise and support the Programmes Team on our Educational Programming. This will include reviewing past experiences and resources, shaping content for future events, implementing assessment strategies and coaching our staff, e.g. advisors and researchers, on how to best facilitate educational events.
- Design high-quality educational materials and experiences across different delivery formats (in-person, blended, and online learning), to support both our Philanthropy Curriculum and Educational Programming.
- Conduct user research and work with internal stakeholders across Founders Pledge to understand learning needs, preferences and behaviours of our community.
£45,000 - £55,000 Location:
Overall, we’re looking for someone with proven experience designing and delivering
high-quality learning resources and experiences that persuade and influence
. You’ll have in-depth knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning theories. You’ll understand the motivations and needs of senior executives and UHNWIs and know how to influence behaviour and make learning stick. More specifically, you’re likely to have:
- Experience building programmes for senior executives, ideally in the tech industry.
- A skill for turning complex, technical and nuanced content into clear, compelling, and actionable narratives. Strong presentation and facilitation skills and/or visual design skills are an added bonus.
- Experience in user research and learning evaluation and can draw valuable insights from qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize learning efforts and optimize the learning experience for our members.
- The ability to build innovative solutions to complex learning challenges and are able to leverage different instructional technologies, platforms and formats, including digital and in-person, synchronous and asynchronous, to maximize learning outcomes.
In addition to your CV and a brief cover letter, please upload a portfolio/samples of your instructional design work.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working. We ask that applicants to this role are based in the UK. Although we have a small HQ in London, there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we aim to bring the global team together twice per year (when possible)!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.