At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $4 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a stand-alone Communications Lead
to support our Community, Research, Programmes and Fundraising teams, across our member journey. Reporting into our Director of Member Experience
, this is a fantastic opportunity to both own and execute our communications strategy, and at the same time be involved with hands-on content creation, writing your own compelling content. You’ll help to educate our members, engaging them with high impact giving recommendations and promoting our mission.In your first 6 months you’ll:
- Build and lead on our monthly communications calendar and strategy, understanding our business goals and translating them into meaningful comms KPIs/measurements.
- Produce thought-provoking blog posts, newsletters, copy for programming and fundraising materials, email campaigns and social media posts - as well as editing and proofing content created by others across the business.
- Produce high-quality communications that develop member understanding of our research. You’ll work with our Research team to identify the most compelling stories within our findings and help to develop how we present our research to members and the public, through marketing materials.
- Take responsibility for all of our digital communication tools, e.g. MailChimp, Contentful. You’ll train team members on how to use our tools (and also on how to produce high-quality communications of their own).
£35,000 - £40,000Location:
Overall, we’re looking for somebody both hands-on and strategic, with a passion for communications and a good understanding of email marketing/digital marketing. You’ll have a natural ability to research a broad range of topics (from philanthropy advisory to deworming!) and to then produce compelling communications about them.
You’ll excel in this role if you love to work autonomously and drive a communications function, as well as your own growth!You’re likely to have:
- Experience leading an organisation to deliver quality communications at scale, in a stand-alone role or as part of a small team.
- Experience (and a genuine passion for) producing and editing educational content and copy across a variety of topics, with the ability to edit complex texts, e.g. research reports, ideally in the charity sector.
- The ability to translate business goals into a solid communications strategy, setting KPIs to track success/learnings.
- Experience building engaging content calendars.
- Confidence working across the business, with team members of all levels.
- Experience using a CMS - we use Contentful.
- Experience using MailChimp and Photoshop would be very helpful.
- Experience training and advising teams on comms best-practice.
- Experience with social media is a nice-to-have (we currently have Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Experience in basic PR would also be a plus!
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based within the UK. Although we have a small HQ in London, there’s no expectation for you to attend on a regular basis. At the same time, if you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.