At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, we’ve raised over $4 billion for the most impactful social causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We’re looking for a Growth Director to lead our Growth team who are responsible for inviting some of the world’s top tech entrepreneurs to commit to giving a portion of their exit proceeds to charity. Last year, our growth team raised over $1bn in new pledges for charity, and we’ve already raised more than $1bn in pledges for charity in 2021. Combined with Founders Pledge’s focus on high-impact giving, there are extremely few positions where your growth leadership could have a greater positive impact in the world.
As leader of our global growth team, you’ll set the strategy for our growth efforts across our key global markets, enabling us to maintain a strong growth trajectory for pledge value. Reporting into our Managing Director in San Francisco, you’ll be responsible for both your own pipeline of prospective new members as well as line managing, coaching and mentoring Growth Leads as they aim to hit their own personal targets. You’ll also develop and implement our growth strategy for our new Equity for Impact program, to bring on-board tech companies anticipating liquidity events, to encourage individual employee giving.
- Set and execute our growth strategy, providing line management, coaching and mentoring for our Europe Growth Lead (based in London), incoming US Growth Lead (based in San Francisco) and Growth Manager (based in New York) to enable high performance.
- Set the overall annual targets for the Growth team as well as for each individual Growth Lead, ensuring they understand how to identify our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and select appropriate pledge products for prospective new members.
- Personally work with prospects to get pledges signed, in-line with your overarching strategy, towards individual and team targets.
- Generate and execute plans for prospecting our ICPs.
- Represent Founders Pledge at dinners, meetings, webinars, conferences and any other setting relevant to bringing in new members and establishing our brand presence in the Bay Area and United States.
- Lead our efforts and strategy to secure commitments to Equity for Impact.
- Represent the Growth Team at the Director level, communicating the needs and achievements of the team as well as ensuring team alignment with business strategy.
- Oversee our established sales process, making improvements where you see fit.
Salary: $135k - $150k
Location: San Francisco
We’re looking for an impact-conscious individual, with the passion to put their time and energy to its best use. You’ll have solid sales experience above all else, with proven experience persuading HNWs to commit to something they don't necessarily see the importance of doing at first glance. You’re likely to have:
- Strong line management experience and proven experience leading a sales strategy to meet and exceed targets.
- Significant fundraising experience with HNW individuals.
- Experience building relationships with tech founders and HNW investors.
- A proven track record of establishing personal and meaningful relationships with clients.
- A great mix of persistence and empathy in your approach to securing meetings and, ultimately, pledges.
- A drive to inspire evidence-based approaches to philanthropy.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with an ability to adjust style depending on the client.
- Excellent understanding of what makes tech leaders and founders tick and how best to tailor your approach to achieve the best outcomes.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working, which means that although for this role you’ll need to be based in/around San Francisco, we offer the flexibility to work from home. You’ll need a reliable home wifi connection, but we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role. You’ll have the option to use a desk in a co-working space close to your home, as often as you like.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.