At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $4 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We’re looking for a Grants & Monitoring Officer
to join our Deployment Team, who manage the transfer of money in and money out of our funds, as well as overseeing investments in Donor Advised Funds. Along with our existing Grants & Monitoring Officer, you’ll support the administrative and operational aspects of our international, high-volume grant-making process, ensuring an excellent service to members. You’ll report into our Deployment Director
based in San Francisco, and will be responsible for making grants to end-user charities globally, as well as assisting in moving money and/or shares into our Donor Advised Fund. We’re a small team, so you may sometimes be required to help out on other workstreams too, such as assisting with incoming donations to our Donor Advised Fund.You’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding our well-developed processes and following them to complete outgoing grant payments. You’ll also suggest ways to improve our processes.
- Preparing member account summaries, drafting and issuing deployment requests and grant agreements.
- Adding contacts, charities, grants and transfers to Salesforce (our CRM).
- Helping review charities for due diligence, following a well-defined process.
- Writing and drafting emails to grant recipients.
- Helping to maintain our legal and compliance documentation.
- Ensuring rigorous accounting of grant payments alongside our Financial Controller.
£35,000 - £40,000Location:
UK, flexible remote
We’re looking for somebody with understanding or experience in the philanthropic/charity sector and/or grantmaking. This isn’t your traditional Grants role, but more focussed on the transactional side of grantmaking than grant applications.
You’re likely to have:
- Experience in international grantmaking.
- Proven ability to progress multiple tasks and deadlines at the same time.
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage your time effectively.
- Excellent written communication skills. This will help with writing emails to members and charities.
- A financial mindset and comfort working with numbers. Experience working across currencies would be a plus.
- Previous experience using CRM tools (Salesforce would be a bonus).
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based in the UK, with no expectation for you to attend an office on a regular basis. If you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.