At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $4 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We’re looking for a Contributions Officer
to join our Deployment Team, who manage the transfer of money in and money out of our funds, as well as overseeing investments in Donor Advised Funds. As a part of this seamless process, you’ll oversee the incoming funds from members, helping to simplify a potentially overwhelming process into an enjoyable and rewarding experience for our member community. You’ll report into our Deployment Director
, managing a high-volume of often complex gifts, including private share donations, and facilitating strategic giving for HNW individuals.
In your first 6 months you’ll:
- Take ownership of our busy contributions/giving funnels in the US, UK and Europe, and provide guidance on the potential advantages of giving different types of gifts, including private share donations.
- Manage all contributions, prioritising your workload based on risk, client needs and complexity. You’ll be the safe pair of hands for both the team and our members to make sure nothing slips and contributions run seamlessly.
- Become an authoritative voice when speaking to members and wealth advisors. You’ll manage relationships with international contributors to gather information and ensure compliance. This may involve calls with members in the US, UK or Europe (you’ll handle a high-volume of calls on incoming funds during giving season).
- Take control of all contributions correspondence in our team inbox, liaise with our Administrator to log information and draft emails for various teams across the business (e.g. Growth, Community and Advisory teams).
- Own our data - making sure everything is accurately recorded on the contributions side.
- Liaise with the National Philanthropic Trust (who administer one of our Donor Advised Funds) on simple and more complex gifts such as those involving cryptocurrency, private shares etc.
- Assist with supervision of our Administrator.
$70,000 - $85,000 DOELocation:
USA, flexible remote
We’re ideally looking for somebody with an understanding of the philanthropic and grant-making sector. You could have worked within a fundraising team, dealing with complex assets and weird/wonderful gifts. You’re likely to have:
- Knowledge of and experience working with the IRS Charitable Contribution Deductions rules and different types of complex gifts and assets.
- The confidence to work autonomously, handling high-levels of complexity and communicating with high-profile external members.
- Strong experience working with external clients. You’ll be meticulous in your approach to following-up on required actions and responding to external member/client queries, always striving for high levels of satisfaction.
- Attention to detail - you’ll be responsible for making sure all contributions are correctly recorded.
- A strong desire to develop and fill any knowledge gaps you may have.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based in the USA, with no expectation for you to attend an office on a regular basis. If you think you’d benefit from a desk in a co-working space close to your home, this can be arranged. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together twice per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.