At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, our members have pledged to donate over $4 billion to charitable causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We’re looking for an Operations Associate
to help us establish our footprint in San Francisco - our biggest growth market - where you’ll be helping build up our presence and operations in the city. You’ll work across business operations, office support, executive assistance and events, as well as some special projects thrown in for good measure along the way! This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to roll-up your sleeves across a mixture of responsibilities that only a startup can provide while enabling our team to have incredible impact across the charity sector! You’ll be the operational firepower behind our team in San Francisco and the right-hand-person to our Managing Director
. You’ll have lots of exposure across the business and plenty of opportunities for progression!In this role, expect no two days to be the same, but you’ll take on:
- Supporting our US operations and Managing Director - drafting emails, calendar management, uploading invoices, following up on meetings, helping with outreach.
- Finding us new office space when the time is right and managing the office for us. This will include facilities management, onboarding and welcoming new joiners, managing storage, dealing with our virtual mailboxes etc.
- Events coordination for our West-Coast based events, supporting our Programmes Director (based over in the UK). This might include sourcing venues and taking care of event-day logistics.
- Prospect identification research - supporting our Growth team in narrowing their outreach.
- A variety of other tasks as they come up to support and strengthen our San Francisco office and US team.
$55,000 - $65,000Location:
First and foremost, you’ll be excited to join a startup environment as our first Operations Associate
, ready to get stuck into anything that’s thrown your way! You’ll find joy in supporting across teams, and being the ‘safe pair of hands’ we need to build our presence in San Francisco.We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds, but you’re likely to have:
- An interest in the philanthropy sector and a desire to do good in the world.
- The ability to work autonomously, managing a varied and busy workload with ease.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with excellent problem solving skills.
- Great people skills with a passion for providing an excellent level of service - to our teams, guests to the office, our members and external partners.
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills (honed either in education or work experience).
- The ability to grasp new computer programs quickly (and then teach others how to use them). Knowledge of Salesforce would be a plus.
- Attention to detail like no other.
We’re open to candidates about to embark on their career, or who have gained experience elsewhere in a similar role. Above all, you’ll be passionate about Founders Pledge and our mission to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here
, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first
approach to working. If successful, due to the nature and duties of this role, you’d be required to attend our office in San Francisco multiple times a week (once you’ve found one for us)! You wouldn’t be expected to attend every day, so otherwise just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to thrive in your role. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.