At Founders Pledge, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. Since launching in 2015, we’ve raised over $5 billion for the most impactful social causes. We offer the simplest path to impact for successful entrepreneurs, providing end-to-end giving infrastructure, pioneering research, and access to a worldwide network of experts. In other words, we help tech leaders become strategic philanthropists. Our 1600+ members include the people behind industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, UiPath, Dropbox, Skype, Spotify, and Uber.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate Growth Lead to join our global Growth team, to help us build relationships with founders and executives of the top tech companies in the UK and Europe. You’ll invite them to pledge to commit to giving a portion of their exit proceeds to charity, and will personally raise over $100m in pledges per year for charity, contributing to our team’s $1bn+ annual target. You’ll also help grow participants in our Equity for Impact program, bringing on-board tech companies anticipating liquidity events, to encourage individual employee giving. Combined with Founders Pledge’s focus on high impact philanthropy, there are few roles which can have as much positive social impact. You’ll report to our Growth Director.
This is a brilliant opportunity to lead and build our presence in the UK and Europe, focusing on finding entrepreneurs who are committed to maximising the impact of their future philanthropy. If you’re energised by meeting interesting entrepreneurs and have strong sales skills, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
You'll be responsible for:
- Meeting with (virtually and in-person when possible) entrepreneurs from some of the most exciting tech companies in the UK and Eorope to work with them to pledge to give to charity.
- Developing strong lists of potential members and actively reaching out to them in a persuasive and authentic way.
- Ensuring Salesforce is up to date with accurate and reliable data on our members and prospective members.
- Speaking about Founders Pledge at our events and webinars and you'll be the Growth presence to help our prospective members in the UK and Europe understand what Founders Pledge has to offer in maximising their impact in the world.
- Meeting with tech businesses to secure their commitment to Equity for Impact.
This role is perfect for someone who has:
- Significant fundraising experience with HNW individuals.
- Experience building relationships with tech founders and HNW investors.
- A keen interest in the tech sector or existing knowledge of the major players in London and major European cities such as Berlin, Madrid and Paris
- A proven track record of establishing personal and meaningful relationships with clients.
- A great mix of persistence and empathy in your approach to securing meetings and, ultimately, pledges.
- A drive to inspire evidence-based approaches to philanthropy.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with an ability to adjust style depending on the potential member.
- Excellent understanding of what makes tech leaders and founders tick and how best to tailor your approach to achieve the best outcomes.
Why work with us?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working, which means that although for this role you’ll need to be in London and able to work from our office in London Bridge. We offer the flexibility to work from home when you need, meaning you’ll need a reliable home wifi connection, but we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role. You’ll also have the option to use a desk in a co-working space close to your home, as often as you like. On top of this, we bring the global team together twice per year!
There is no closing date for applications and we will interview on a rolling basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.